Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 25, 2007

Birthing Center Tour

Yesterday Roland and I went on a tour of the HYLTON FAMILY BIRTHING CENTER which is a part of the Prince William Hospital in Manassas, VA. It is a really cool birthing center that was built about 4 years ago. I like that it is annexed to the hospital but not in the middle of the hospital, I won't have to walk through sick people to get to where I will be delivering Drake. I LOVE that I will get a private room for both labor/delivery & postpartum! They also have internet in the rooms, so Roland will be emailing and posting into and pictures for y'all to see :) I really couldn't ask for a better facility to give birth at :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think I had an asthma attack at that hospital! I suppose technically I was having the attack BEFORE I got there....
Poke! Call me if you can, I know someone in the area who's interested in meeting you, but I don't want to post her phone # on the Internet. :) HUGS!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello, i was researching Hylton Birthing center on google and found your post... I was wondering if you could tell me a little more about your experience at Hylton Center. I cannot decide between Inova Fair Oaks hospital and the hospital in Manassas. Hylton is much closer to home, so i am leaning towards it. I would also greatly appreciate if you could suggest an ob/gyn doctor in Manassas. Thank you so much

Violet Twilight said...

I LOVED giving birth at the birthing center at Prince William Hospital. Everyone was really attentive and nice and the private rooms were wonderful. I totally recommend that everyone goes here if they are nearby for their birthing adventure. I would even consider traveling a very long distance to go there, I had that good of an experience. The next thing I would recommend would be to take a tour of the center and see what you think.
My ob/gyn is Prince William OB/GYN and they are located in the offices attached to the hospital. This is an all woman practice and I really like all of the docs and other ladies that work in this office. The funny thing is that I only meet the doctor that delivered Drake once before. She had always been busy when I had an appointment scheduled with her, but she ended up being a wonderful doctor during the delivery.
I hope this helps you :)