Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 05, 2009

We Have Made it to Oregon

Here are a couple of pictures that I took before we left Virginia.



We have made it safe and sound to Oregon. We left North Platte, NE Monday afternoon (3/30) and that night we were forced to stop in Cheyenne, WY because the interstate was closed. We mostly encountered high winds but there were some fits of snow that Roland drove through. We drove through Tuesday night and arrived in Eugene on Wednesday 4/1 around noon PST. (Should I be worried that we arrived in Oregon on April Fool's Day???) Happily we were able to get into our new rental house immediately. Roland unloaded the futon mattress we had with us on the car trailer and Drake and I proceeded to nap the afternoon away :) The trailers with all of our stuff showed up Thursday afternoon, as did the cable guy. Thursday Drake and I spent the day over at our friends house and he had a blast playing with their son, 3 and daughter 6. He loved pushing her stroller, as you can see in the previous video I posted here. He had so much fun that he fell asleep as soon as I put him in his car seat, barely woke up to be put to bed and slept until 11 am the next morning (I had to open his bedroom door to help "encourage" him to wake up). He also took a 4 hour nap that afternoon, lol. It is now Saturday evening and the trailers are empty except for the pool table. Roland is currently organizing the garage so there will be room to put said pool table tomorrow when reinforcements arrive to help unload it. Thankfully he won't have to pay some guys to help him this time :) I imagine tomorrow will be spent unpacking and organizing the house. I need to work on putting away clothes and I will work on my mountain of book boxes once I have bookcases set up to do so.

0 comments: