Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mom's Day!!!

We got this ride-on car for Drake at a garage sale last weekend. He LOVES it. He has been pushing/riding it all around the house. Look, it has wheels!!!


Riding his new "car".


Woo hoo!!! Drake has put together a really long line of single mega-blocks. He was trying to stack them up, but would get frustrated when it fell over. I showed him how to do it on the floor and that went much better.


Me and my little man.



Putting blocks on his mega-block piano.



Pushing around one of his cars on his crib.



Enjoying dinner at Carl's Jr.



So I was really grumpy with Roland today thinking he hadn't prepared for Mom's Day. No card, no gift, no nothing when I got up this morning. :( We went driving around downtown Eugene and stopped at a bagel shop for lunch. Then we checked out a park near there and found out that the historic district of Eugene was having open houses on several of the historic houses there. Drake was due for a nap, but I found out they only give these tours once a year on Mom's Day. So we had a wonderful time walking around the neighborhood and checking out the old houses. Drake did pretty well considering he needed a nap. After the tour we headed back downtown to drive around some more, looking for interesting shops figuring Drake could sleep in the car. Suddenly Roland drove into a parking lot of a pottery shop, went in and picked up the mug below. It has a hand print of Drake, an I Love Mom logo and the year and Drake's name on it. I had been hoping for something like this ever since I got Roland something similar last year for Dad's Day. Thanks for the perfect gift Roland!!! I just wish your surprise didn't have me so frustrated with you for the first half of the day.



We went to dinner at Red Robin for Mom's Day. It was yummers, but I ate waaay to much and felt kinda icky on the drive home. We even went for a nice drive around Eugene and I felt bad enough to suggest heading home so I could lie down. I feel much better now :)

Here is Drake's first real experience with a balloon. He LOVED it! Best night ever!!!



Drake also tried his first mozzarella stick tonight. He thought it was super yummers.

I hope all the mom's out there had a wonderful and relaxing Mom's Day today!!!

0 comments: