Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Griffin Has Arrived!!!











Griffin Charles Lawrence was born on Friday August 14th at 11:42 am. He was 7 lbs. 3 oz. and 19" long. I was in labor for approximately 12 hours and happily we did not have to use any drugs to induce him. I was already having contractions when I arrived at the hospital for my scheduled induction and once his water was broken the labor progressed fairly quickly. 24 hours after he was born he was having a few issues and when the nurse noticed some slight breathing issues she decided to call the doc on call and they decided to have him transferred to the NICU. They thought he might have an infection and proceeded to fill him full of all kinds of antibiotics. They also had me stop breastfeeding him for a day because he was spitting up and they were not sure why. (Could have been related to the fact that he swallowed some amniotic fluid and it was irritating his throat.) He perked up really quickly and was such a trooper. Roland had a sore throat so he could not come and visit Griffin in the NICU. He decided to go pick up Drake and take care of him. The NICU doc this morning decided that she could see no reasons to continue to keep Griffin there so she authorized his release for today. Griffin was able to leave the hospital at 1 pm on Monday 8/17. It has been a busy weekend and I am soooooo happy to finally be home with all my guys. Hopefully I'll find some sleep tonight... :)

(Thanks again to Shanti for those awesome black and white photos of Griffin in this post, www.ShantiFocus.com)

1 comments:

Ana said...

I think there's some great info here at your blog. Keep it all coming!